SUPPLEMENTAL PLAN FOR STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEES
Americans are living longer – even those who’ve been diagnosed with critical illnesses.1
Aflac’s Critical Care Protection plan can help provide financial peace of mind if an insured is diagnosed with any of the following:
- Heart Attack
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Major Human Organ Transplant
- End-Stage Renal Failure
- Persistent Vegetative State
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG)
- Third-Degree Burns
Consider these facts:
- 40% fear the cost of treating a serious illness more than they fear illness itself.2If you’re diagnosed with a life-changing, condition, could you afford treatment?
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack or stroke,3 costing as much as $50,005 for a heart attack4 and $12,301 for a stroke.5
- 58%of participants in a recent Aflac survey had less than $1,000 on hand to pay for expenses associated with a serious illness or accident.6 This can lead to choosing between paying for care or regular monthly expenses.
- 92.1 million American adults live with the ongoing medical expenses associated with cardiovascular disease or the aftereffects of a stroke.7
HOW TO ENROLL
Contact your local Capital Representative to design your individualized plan. For more information on how to enroll, please contact the Group Benefits Department by phone at 800.780.3100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To file a claim, visit the Aflac Claims Portal.
1 CDC: Americans living longer, fewer dying from major diseases. Accessed Oct. 1, 2018. https://www.upi.com/CDC-Americans-livinglonger-fewer-dying-from-major-diseases/1031498747725/ United Press International. “Poll: Americans fear crippling medical bills more than getting sick.” Accessed Oct. 2, 2018 2 https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2018/03/29/Poll-Americans-fear-crippling-medical-bills-more-than-getting-sick/9041522339471/ 3 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. “Heart disease and stroke statistics 2018 at a glance.” Accessed Oct. 2, 2018. https://healthmetrics.heart.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/At-A-Glance-Heart-Disease-and-Stroke-Statistics-2018.pdf 4 Benefits Estimator, “Average Medical Cost of a Heart Attack.” Accessed Oct. 2, 2018. https://www.aflac.com/individuals/benefitsestimator/source/default.aspx#heart_attack 5 Benefits Estimator, “Average Medical Cost of a Stroke.” Accessed Oct. 2, 2018. https://www.aflac.com/individuals/benefits-estimator/ source/default.aspx#stroke 6 2018, Aflac Workforces Report, Employee Survey Overview. Accessed Oct. 2, 2018. https://www.aflac.com/docs/awr/pdf/2018- overview/2018-aflac-workforces-report-employee-overview.pdf