SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN FOR STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEES
LINA LONG-TERM DISABILITY
Without your paycheck, how long would you be able to make your mortgage or rent payment, buy groceries or pay your credit card bills without feeling the pinch? If you’re like most, it wouldn’t be long at all: 7 in 10 working Americans couldn’t make it a month before financial difficulties would set in, and one in four would have problems immediately, according to a Life Happens survey.¹
The LINA Disability Income Protection Plan is a fully insured disability policy that can help protect your income — and your family’s lifestyle — in the event you are unable to work due to a covered accident or sickness. This plan is offered only to State of Florida full-time employees in participating agencies and pays in addition to annual leave and sick leave benefits. It offers you the ability to choose a plan that fits your financial situation and is an important part of your employee benefits package.
Some common illnesses or conditions known to cause disabilities include:
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Accidents and fractures
- Heart attacks and strokes
- Back and joint disorders
All active, permanent employees under the age of 70 who work 30 or more hours per week in an agency participating in this plan are eligible. Spouses and dependents are ineligible.
Click the button to complete the online enrollment form. Please take a moment to review the Brochure for a full outline of the benefits available to you. Review the chart on page 7 and determine the group that you are eligible for based on your salary, or you may select a lower group for a shorter elimination period and lower benefit amount.
FIND AN AGENT
Find a Licensed Agent in your area by clicking the following link and providing your work county and agency: capitalins.com/team/find-an-agent.
The Capital Advantage
Combine the LINA Long-Term Disability plan with our Aflac Short-Term Disability plan for complete income protection and to maximize the benefits received in the event you are disabled. (Plans available in participating agencies.)
For more information on how to enroll, please contact the Group Benefits Department by phone at 800.780.3100 or email at email@example.com. If you have further questions, please contact a Licensed Agent in your area.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM
- Click here to find out how to file your disability claim.
- Claim forms can be obtained online at www.capitalins.com/forms, by phone at 888.842.4462, or by mail. You can also click here to download the claim form.
- Complete all parts of the claim form, including having your physician and employer complete their portions.
- Mail the claim to the address on top of the form.
AVAILABLE IN PARTICIPATING AGENCIES:
- Division of Administrative Hearings
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Board of Administration
- Dept. of Business & Professional Regulations
- Dept. of Children & Families
- Dept. of Corrections
- Office of State Courts
- Dept. of Economic Opportunity
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Elder Affairs
- Dept. of Environmental Protection
- Department of Financial Services
- Florida Commission on Offender Review
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Office of the Governor
- Dept. of Health
- Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Justice Administrative Commission
- Dept. of Juvenile Justice
- Dept. of Law Enforcement
- Dept. of Lottery
- Dept. of Management Services
- Public Service Commission
- Dept. of Revenue
- Dept. of State
- Dept. of Transportation
- Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs
- State Board of Administration