SUPPLEMENTAL PLANS FOR DOT EMPLOYEES ONLY
PROTECTION FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES
An accident can take a lot from you – your eyesight, hearing, the ability to speak, a limb, even your life. But thanks to an accidental death and dismemberment coverage plan offered by your employer, life can go on for you and your loved ones. Paying a lump sum when you or your beneficiaries need it most.
SECURITY IS NO ACCIDENT
A little foresight goes a long way managing in the aftermath of an accident. Here’s what accidental death and dismemberment coverage can provide:
- 24-hour worldwide protection. It protects you from covered injuries (such as loss of speech, hearing, sight, hand or foot, thumb and index finger on the same hand) as well as paralysis. It also covers loss of life due to a covered accident, similar to a life insurance policy, with a lump sum payment to your beneficiaries.
- Plans for your loved ones as well as you. Depending on your employer, you can elect coverage for your spouse and dependent children, for just a little more per year.
As part of your accidental death and dismemberment insurance plan with The Hartford, you may have access to these extra services:
- Beneficiary Counseling Services offer a compassionate experience to help you or your beneficiaries (those you name in your policy) cope with emotional, financial, and legal issues that arise after a loss. Includes unlimited phone contact with a counselor, attorney, or financial planner for up to a year, and five face-to-face sessions.
- Travel Assistance Services & ID Theft Protection and Assistance Services include pre-trip information that helps you feel safe and secure while traveling. It also gives you access to medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise.
Another important service is ID theft protection, available 24/7 whether home or away. Protection is provided two ways: educational materials to help prevent identity theft, and access to caseworkers who can help you resolve problems that result from identity theft.
FIND AN AGENT
Find a Licensed Agent in your area by clicking the following link and providing your work county and agency: capitalins.com/team/find-an-agent.
HOW TO ENROLL
Department of Transportation Employees may enroll during Open Enrollment or as a New Employee (within the first 60 days of employment). Please take a moment to review the Brochure for a full outline of the benefits available to you. Complete the appropriate Enrollment Form (Existing or New Employee) and return it by mail to Capital Insurance Agency’s Group Benefits Department, P.O. Box 15949 Tallahassee, Florida 32317.
For more information on how to enroll, please contact the Group Benefits Department by phone at 800.780.3100 or email at email@example.com. If you have further questions, please contact a Licensed Agent in your area.
AVAILABLE IN PARTICIPATING AGENCIES:
- Dept. of Business & Professional Regulations
- Office of State Courts
- Dept. of Environmental Protection
- Florida Commission on Offender Review
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Dept. of Law Enforcement
- Dept. of Legal Affairs
- Dept. of Management Services