LIFE INSURANCE PLAN FOR STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEES
Underwritten by Life Insurance Company of North America (LINA), a Cigna Company, now known as New York Life Group Benefits Solutions.
Group Term Life Insurance provides a firm foundation for employees by offering a competitive, value-added life benefit. LINA Group Term Life product offers protection, a terminal illness benefit, bereavement counseling, and beneficiary services to employees and their families.
ADVANTAGES FOR EMPLOYEES
- Guaranteed issue coverage amounts available for employees and family members.
- Portable insurance coverage is available upon employment termination or retirement, as long as the group policy is active.
- Access to available proceeds when faced with a terminal illness.
- Automatic Increase Option increases benefit amount as earnings go up.
- Conversion to individual policy available if group policy terminates.
- Waiver of premium during an approved disability allows employees to continue valuable life insurance coverage.
FIND AN AGENT
Find a Licensed Agent in your area by clicking the following link and providing your work county and agency: capitalins.com/team/find-an-agent.
WHEN TO ENROLL
Enroll during Open Enrollment or as a New Employee (within the first 60 days of employment). Any forms submitted outside of these requirements will not be accepted.
Please take a moment to review the Brochure for a full outline of the benefits available to you. For more information on how to enroll, please contact the Group Benefits Department by phone at 800.780.3100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further questions, please contact a Licensed Agent in your area.
Life insurance becomes effective on the day following the end of the payroll period in which the first payroll deduction is made (Deduction Code #262). If you are either disabled or under a physician’s care because of sickness or injury or not actively at work on the day your insurance would become effective, your insurance will become effective when you resume full-time work.
AVAILABLE IN PARTICIPATING AGENCIES:
- Division of Administrative Hearings
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Board of Administration
- Dept. of Business & Professional Regulations
- Dept. of Children & Families
- Dept. of Citrus
- Office of State Courts
- Dept. of Economic Opportunity
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Elder Affairs
- Dept. of Environmental Protection
- Department of Financial Services
- Florida Commission on Offender Review
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Dept. of Health
- Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Justice Administrative Commission
- Dept. of Juvenile Justice
- Office of Legislative Services
- Dept. of Management Services
- Dept. of Revenue
- Dept. of State
- Dept. of Transportation
- Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs